- Master of Education, Georgia State University
- Master of Science in Building Construction & Facility Management, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Art in Business Administration, Clark Atlanta University
Dia Hunter is an entrepreneur, leader, and educator. Professor Hunter has taught in NewSchool of Architecture’s Construction Management Master’s Program since its inception. He was the subject matter expert in the development of the two courses that he presently teaches. He has also developed several construction management and leadership courses for other graduate programs. Professor Hunter owns several businesses, including a residential remodeling firm based out of the Greater Atlanta Metropolitan Area. Professor Hunter is a Planning Commissioner in his local community overseeing planning and zoning affairs. He also has industry experience with a large commercial construction firm, working as a Superintendent and Engineer on several multimillion-dollar projects.
In addition to his professional experiences, Professor Hunter’s personal interests are varied. He has experience as an elite-level public speaker in the Toastmasters organization, serving in roles such as Club President and Area Governor. Professor Hunter also volunteers at his local church where he serves as a Coordinator.
- Vice-Chairman, Tyrone Planning Commission
- Member, Project Management Institute
- Member, Construction Management Association of America
- Contributing Professor, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Principal Member, Savvy Elite Hair Studio
- Owner, MIH Consulting