Update: July 14, 2020
NewSchool’s executive leadership team in partnership with the NewSchool of Architecture & Design Board of Directors remains focused on developing a plan for course delivery options and campus operations for the Fall 2020 quarter. We are carefully planning and preparing for the upcoming quarter and recognize the complex issues involved in our decision-making during this time.
While we continue to assess our course hybridity options for the Fall 2020 quarter, we assure you with certainty that at the very least all of our courses will be available fully online to all students. Limited Student Services and campus operations may be available on-ground through significantly limited hours and by an appointment-based system. We will remain in full compliance with national, state, and local policies and guidelines.
As the institution determines the best path forward, our decisions are guided by the safety and welfare of our campus community and our goal of providing a quality educational experience for our students. We are committed to a thoughtful approach that is inclusive of the broader campus community, including students, faculty, and staff.
We recognize this is a time of uncertainty, especially for our international students. We are excited to see that our international students will be able to continue taking our courses exclusively online amid the coronavirus pandemic. The diversity of our student body is part of NewSchool’s fabric, and we celebrate the importance of a global education.
Students, faculty, and staff should continue checking their NewSchool email accounts regularly. This will be our primary means of communication for all campus updates.
Questions? These email accounts are monitored daily:
- Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prospective students: email@example.com
- Operational questions: please email your supervisor
- All other questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information About COVID-19:
Detailed information about the Coronavirus, how it is transmitted, how to protect against it, and areas to avoid travel is available at the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
- San Diego County: Coronavirus Information
- California Department of Public Health – Guidance for Colleges and Universities
- CDC: Resources for Institutes of Higher Education
- CDC Travel Health Notices
- World Health Organization Website
- California Department of Public Health Website
- International SOS Pandemic Information
- ISOS COVID-19 PDF
- Update: 6/30/20
- Update: 5/21/20
- Update: 4/16/20
- Update: 4/2/20
- Update: 3/31/20
- Update: 3/20/20
- Update: 3/16/20
- Update: 3/13/20
- Update: 3/10/20
Click here for Wellness Tips
Click here for a Virtual Campus Tour
Click here for our Virtual Open House
Click here for Academic Programs Online Info Sessions