Update: May 21, 2020
NewSchool recognizes the ongoing challenges the COVID-19 pandemic has posed for our NewSchool students, faculty, and staff. We greatly value the sustained commitment our NewSchool community has demonstrated in continuing our students’ successful academic journey.
As announced previously – to ensure the continued health and safety of NewSchool students, faculty, and staff – all Summer Quarter courses will be delivered online for the duration of the Summer Quarter. Click here for more information on Summer Quarter Course delivery.
NewSchool is actively determining plans for the Fall 2020 Quarter due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are considering multiple scenarios, prioritizing the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff. We plan to finalize a decision on Fall Quarter course delivery soon.
As soon as more information on Fall Quarter course delivery becomes available, we will share it. This situation is fluid, and changes will be made when additional knowledge regarding the virus and government orders becomes available. You can stay up to date with NewSchool’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic by visiting this page, which is updated whenever new information becomes available.
Fall Quarter is scheduled to begin on September 28, 2020. Refer to the 2020-21 Academic Calendar for more information on the Fall schedule.
Students, faculty, and staff should continue checking their NewSchool email accounts regularly. This will be our primary means of communication for all campus updates. Weekly WEARENEWSCHOOL newsletters will provide updated information from student services departments.
Questions? These email accounts are monitored daily:
- Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prospective students: email@example.com
- Operational questions: please email your supervisor
- All other questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information About COVID-19:
Detailed information about the Coronavirus, how it is transmitted, how to protect against it, and areas to avoid travel is available at the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
- San Diego County: Coronavirus Information
- California Department of Public Health – Guidance for Colleges and Universities
- CDC: Resources for Institutes of Higher Education
- CDC Travel Health Notices
- World Health Organization Website
- California Department of Public Health Website
- International SOS Pandemic Information
- ISOS COVID-19 PDF
- Update: 4/16/20
- Update: 4/2/20
- Update: 3/31/20
- Update: 3/20/20
- Update: 3/16/20
- Update: 3/13/20
- Update: 3/10/20
Click here for Wellness Tips
Click here for a Virtual Campus Tour