Update: January 7, 2022
We are looking forward to the start of the winter quarter on Monday, January 10, 2022. As we closely monitor Covid-19 cases, our plan is to continue with in-person learning for the winter quarter. We recognize that many of you have travelled throughout the winter break and want to be sure NewSchool students abide by all health and wellness protocols to keep our community as safe as possible.
Campus Health and Safety Guidelines:
- All students on campus are required to always wear a mask indoors. This includes classrooms, common areas, and campus services. Masks are available on campus.
- Students are encouraged to wipe down their workspace at the beginning of the class. Sanitizing stations are available outside of the classroom for their convenience.
- Multi-stall restrooms remain single-use restrooms to reduce risk in more confined spaces.
- Temperature check stations are located at the front of the Hang Ten and Main Building to enhance safety measures on campus.
Campus hours are from 7:30am-10:00pm, daily. Students will not be permitted to remain inside the building after 10:00pm. Below are the hours of operation for several campus services.
Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
If you are not feeling well or are experiencing Covid-related symptoms, please remain at home and contact your instructors prior to the start of your class. Students that test positive for COVID-19 must notify Kimberly Sievert, Manager of President’s Operations immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-684-8781. Further information regarding quarantine requirements will be provided.
Students that do not abide by the health and safety guidelines will be subject to disciplinary sanctions through violation of the student code of conduct. All campus policies are available in the Academic Catalog and Student Handbook: https://newschoolarch.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Catalog_2021-22_Website.pdf
We encourage all students to get the Covid-19 vaccine and booster. Information regarding the vaccine and booster is available at https://myturn.ca.gov/.
Please continue checking your NewSchool email account regularly. This continues to be our primary means of communication for all campus updates.
Information About COVID-19:
Detailed information about the Coronavirus, how it is transmitted, how to protect against it, and areas to avoid travel is available at the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
- San Diego County: Coronavirus Information
- California Department of Public Health – Guidance for Colleges and Universities
- CDC: Resources for Institutes of Higher Education
- CDC Travel Health Notices
- World Health Organization Website
- California Department of Public Health Website
- International SOS Pandemic Information
- ISOS COVID-19 PDF
- Update 12/15/21
- Update: 8/18/21
- Update: 5/10/21
- Update: 3/24/21
- Update: 2/1/21
- Update: 12/8/20
- Update: 10/26/20
- Update: 10/6/20
- Update: 8/10/20
- Update: 7/14/20
- Update: 6/30/20
- Update: 5/21/20
- Update: 4/16/20
- Update: 4/2/20
- Update: 3/31/20
- Update: 3/20/20
- Update: 3/16/20
- Update: 3/13/20
- Update: 3/10/20
Click here for Wellness Tips
Click here for Student Online Learning Resources
Click here to Explore NewSchool Virtually