Update: September 13, 2021
The Fall quarter is a few weeks away and we are looking forward to the return of our students to campus for academic courses and activities. While it’s been over a year since we’ve conducted classes on campus, NewSchool staff have been preparing the campus for your arrival. To ensure the health and safety of the NewSchool community, we will be implementing several wellness measures for all students coming to campus this summer.
In accordance with the CDC and California officials, please read the guidelines below to ensure you are prepared to return to campus. Our health and safety protocols will be in effect for the first 5-weeks of the fall quarter to ensure the safety of all our students, faculty, and staff. As we receive updates, we will communicate these guidelines.
Campus Health and Safety Guidelines:
- All students on campus are required to always wear a mask inside the building. This includes classrooms, common areas, and campus services. Masks are also available on campus.
- Students are encouraged to wipe down their workspace at the beginning of the class. Sanitizing stations are available outside of the classroom for their convenience.
- Directional signs are posted throughout campus to provide safer wayfinding in each building. Follow all directional signage and use proper doors for entering/exiting the buildings.
- Multi-stall restrooms are now single-use restrooms to reduce risk in more confined spaces.
- Campus operating hours are limited to 7:30am-10:00pm. All students will be required to leave campus by 10:00pm. No exceptions.
If you are not feeling well, please remain at home and contact your instructors prior to the start of your class. The attendance policy remains in effect and instructors will work with students directly that have an attendance concern related to COVID-19.
Students who test positive for COVID-19 must notify Ashley Wagner, Director of Student Affairs immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-684-8825. Further information regarding quarantine requirements will be provided.
Students who do not abide by the health and safety guidelines will be subject to disciplinary sanctions through violation of the student code of conduct. All campus policies are available in the Academic Catalog and Student Handbook: https://newschoolarch.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Catalog_2021-22_Website.pdf
Make sure you complete the COVID-19 vaccination information survey. Information provided will remain confidential. This information will help us to assess the risk factors at NewSchool to better serve the campus community.
The health, safety, and well-being of the NewSchool community is our top priority. Information regarding vaccine availability in California is available at https://covid19.ca.gov/vaccines/. COVID-19 testing sites are available throughout San Diego. We recommend that you contact your health insurance provider to get more information regarding testing locations.
Additional information regarding NewSchool’s COVID-19 guidelines is available at https://newschoolarch.edu/news/newschool-update-covid-19-coronavirus-disease-2019-information/. Please continue checking your NewSchool email account regularly. This continues to be our primary means of communication for all campus updates.
Questions? These email accounts are monitored daily:
- Students: email@example.com
- Prospective students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operational questions: please email your supervisor
- All other questions: email@example.com
Information About COVID-19:
Detailed information about the Coronavirus, how it is transmitted, how to protect against it, and areas to avoid travel is available at the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
- San Diego County: Coronavirus Information
- California Department of Public Health – Guidance for Colleges and Universities
- CDC: Resources for Institutes of Higher Education
- CDC Travel Health Notices
- World Health Organization Website
- California Department of Public Health Website
- International SOS Pandemic Information
- ISOS COVID-19 PDF
- Update: 8/18/21
- Update: 5/10/21
- Update: 3/24/21
- Update: 2/1/21
- Update: 12/8/20
- Update: 10/26/20
- Update: 10/6/20
- Update: 8/10/20
- Update: 7/14/20
- Update: 6/30/20
- Update: 5/21/20
- Update: 4/16/20
- Update: 4/2/20
- Update: 3/31/20
- Update: 3/20/20
- Update: 3/16/20
- Update: 3/13/20
- Update: 3/10/20
Click here for Wellness Tips
Click here for Student Online Learning Resources
Click here to Explore NewSchool Virtually