Update: April 2, 2020
To protect the health and safety of the NewSchool community amidst the COVID-19 situation, all NewSchool Spring 2020 gatherings and campus events are being postponed and/or moved to a virtual format. Please see the following information regarding updates to Spring 2020 events:
NewSchool’s in-person 2020 Commencement ceremony, initially scheduled for Saturday, June 20th, is being postponed until Fall 2020. Details will follow as the COVID-19 situation resolves.
The GradShow 2020 scheduled for Friday, June 19th has been canceled as an on-campus event. NewSchool is working on options for a potential virtual 2020 GradShow exposition in lieu of the in-person event. We will share more information as it becomes available.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, as we work to find solutions during this unprecedented time. While it is disheartening to postpone Commencement and move GradShow to a virtual format, the most effective way to slow and disrupt the transmission of this pandemic – and therefore get back to normal — is by continuing to implement social distancing practices. We are grateful to you for everything you are doing during this unique and difficult time. Please stay healthy and safe.
Students, faculty, and staff should continue checking their NewSchool email accounts and NewSchool’s COVID-19 information page regularly. Weekly WEARENEWSCHOOL newsletters will provide updated information from student services departments. These will be our primary means of communication for all campus updates. This situation is fluid, and changes will be made as necessary when additional knowledge regarding the virus and government orders becomes available.
Questions? These email accounts are monitored daily:
- Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prospective students: email@example.com
- Operational questions: please email your supervisor
- All other questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information About COVID-19:
Detailed information about the Coronavirus, how it is transmitted, how to protect against it, and areas to avoid travel is available at the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
- San Diego County: Coronavirus Information
- California Department of Public Health – Guidance for Colleges and Universities
- CDC: Resources for Institutes of Higher Education
- CDC Travel Health Notices
- World Health Organization Website
- California Department of Public Health Website
- International SOS Pandemic Information
- ISOS COVID-19 PDF
Click here for Wellness Tips