Update: March 24, 2021
NewSchool leadership has been looking into solutions to make a safe, phased return to the NewSchool campus in the coming months. We are pleased to see trends moving in a positive direction relative to COVID, as case rates are on the decline, and San Diego County has moved into the less restrictive red tier as of 3/16/21.
The plan for the phased return to NewSchool campus operations is as follows:
- Spring 2021 quarter:
- Courses: As previously announced, all Spring 2021 quarter academic courses will be delivered solely online. This remains the best path forward in ensuring the safety and welfare of NewSchool’s campus community and our goal of providing a quality educational experience for our students. NewSchool is committed to providing an engaged academic and student experience through the digital environment.
- Single location pickup: NewSchool will continue offering single location pickup services for students. To make a reservation and access instructions for single location pick up, click here. NewSchool has implemented health and safety protocols, and all individuals coming to campus are expected to follow those protocols, which are outlined in the reservation system and in the confirmation email you receive after making an appointment.
- Summer 2021 quarter: A limited number of on-ground classes will be offered this summer in a hybrid learning format. Students will have the ability to continue with the online environment through the summer quarter for ground-based courses. All Master of Construction Management classes will remain fully online, regardless of when other courses resume on campus. A full list of summer course offerings will be available soon.
- Fall 2021 quarter: NewSchool plans to return to normal campus operations in Fall 2021 quarter. This means all traditionally on-ground NewSchool classes will be offered on campus in Fall quarter.
- Faculty: All faculty will be expected to be on campus as needed to deliver on-ground classes/studios, hold office hours, participate in meetings, etc.
- Students: All students will be expected to be on campus as necessary to participate in courses/studios.
We will continue to monitor and follow all health and safety protocols, prioritizing the safety and welfare of NewSchool’s campus community. You can stay up to date with NewSchool’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic by visiting this page, which is updated whenever new information becomes available. Please continue checking your NewSchool email account regularly. This will be our primary means of communication for all campus updates.
Questions? These email accounts are monitored daily:
- Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prospective students: email@example.com
- Operational questions: please email your supervisor
- All other questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information About COVID-19:
Detailed information about the Coronavirus, how it is transmitted, how to protect against it, and areas to avoid travel is available at the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
- San Diego County: Coronavirus Information
- California Department of Public Health – Guidance for Colleges and Universities
- CDC: Resources for Institutes of Higher Education
- CDC Travel Health Notices
- World Health Organization Website
- California Department of Public Health Website
- International SOS Pandemic Information
- ISOS COVID-19 PDF
- Update: 2/1/21
- Update: 12/8/20
- Update: 10/26/20
- Update: 10/6/20
- Update: 8/10/20
- Update: 7/14/20
- Update: 6/30/20
- Update: 5/21/20
- Update: 4/16/20
- Update: 4/2/20
- Update: 3/31/20
- Update: 3/20/20
- Update: 3/16/20
- Update: 3/13/20
- Update: 3/10/20
Click here for Wellness Tips
Click here for Student Online Learning Resources
Click here to Explore NewSchool Virtually