Update: December 15, 2021
We have evaluated our campus health and safety measures and will continue to keep the following guidelines in place through the remainder of the fall quarter.
In accordance with the CDC and California officials, please read the guidelines below to ensure you are prepared to return to campus. Our health and safety protocols will be in effect for the first 5-weeks of the fall quarter to ensure the safety of all our students, faculty, and staff. As we receive updates, we will communicate these guidelines.
Campus Health and Safety Guidelines:
- All students on campus are required to wear a mask inside the building at all times. This includes classrooms, common areas, and campus services. Masks are also available on campus.
- Although we have increased our cleaning protocols for your safety, students are encouraged to wipe down their workspace at the beginning of the class. Sanitizing stations are available outside of the classroom for their convenience.
- Multi-stall restrooms are now single-use restrooms to reduce risk in more confined spaces.
- Temperature check stations are located at the front of the Hang Ten and Main Building to enhance safety measures on campus.
Additionally, several campus services have modified hours listed below.
Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
If you are not feeling well, please remain at home and contact your instructors prior to the start of your class. The attendance policy remains in effect and instructors will work with students directly that have an attendance concern related to COVID-19.
Students who test positive for COVID-19 must notify Kimberly Sievert, Manager of President’s Operations at email@example.com or 619-684-8781 . Further information regarding quarantine requirements will be provided.
Students who do not abide by the health and safety guidelines will be subject to disciplinary sanctions through violation of the student code of conduct. All campus policies are available in the Academic Catalog and Student Handbook: https://newschoolarch.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Catalog_2021-22_Website.pdf
Make sure you complete the COVID-19 vaccination information survey. Information provided will remain confidential. This information will help us to assess the risk factors at NewSchool to better serve the campus community.
The health, safety, and well-being of the NewSchool community is our top priority. Information regarding vaccine availability in California is available at https://covid19.ca.gov/vaccines/. COVID-19 testing sites are available throughout San Diego. We recommend that you contact your health insurance provider to get more information regarding testing locations.
Additional information regarding NewSchool’s COVID-19 guidelines is available at https://newschoolarch.edu/news/newschool-update-covid-19-coronavirus-disease-2019-information/. Please continue checking your NewSchool email account regularly. This continues to be our primary means of communication for all campus updates.
Questions? These email accounts are monitored daily:
- Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prospective students: email@example.com
- Operational questions: please email your supervisor
- All other questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information About COVID-19:
Detailed information about the Coronavirus, how it is transmitted, how to protect against it, and areas to avoid travel is available at the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
- San Diego County: Coronavirus Information
- California Department of Public Health – Guidance for Colleges and Universities
- CDC: Resources for Institutes of Higher Education
- CDC Travel Health Notices
- World Health Organization Website
- California Department of Public Health Website
- International SOS Pandemic Information
- ISOS COVID-19 PDF
- Update: 8/18/21
- Update: 5/10/21
- Update: 3/24/21
- Update: 2/1/21
- Update: 12/8/20
- Update: 10/26/20
- Update: 10/6/20
- Update: 8/10/20
- Update: 7/14/20
- Update: 6/30/20
- Update: 5/21/20
- Update: 4/16/20
- Update: 4/2/20
- Update: 3/31/20
- Update: 3/20/20
- Update: 3/16/20
- Update: 3/13/20
- Update: 3/10/20
Click here for Wellness Tips
Click here for Student Online Learning Resources
Click here to Explore NewSchool Virtually