You can take the next step toward your future by earning your degree at NewSchool. Our mission is to help our students make a positive change - in their lives, in their careers and in the world. NewSchool provides broad access to quality higher education and online learning. We offer resources on campus like the Veteran’s Resource Center, counseling, career services and job assistance services.
A MILITARY AND VETERANS SUPPORTIVE SCHOOL
NewSchool of Architecture & Design is a military and veterans supportive school. G.I. Jobs named NewSchool on its 2017 list of Military Friendly Schools®, which honors the top 20% of colleges, universities, and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America’s veterans as students. NewSchool has earned this designation since 2015.
Students who are Active Duty, Reserves and Veterans of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines and Coast Guard as well as their spouses qualify for 15% off tuition. Click here for application and instructions.
ACTIVE DUTY/VETERAN BENEFITS
NewSchool honors the following education benefits for active-duty service members, reservists, veterans of the armed forces, spouses and their dependents:
- The Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB) reimburses tuition costs through an educational assistance allowance.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill applies direct funds to cover a portion of costs for tuition, fees, and books.
- Active Military Tuition Assistance gives a portion of funds to cover costs of tuition and fees. This program is sponsored by the specific branch of the military you serve.
- The Tuition Assistance Top-Up Program provides supplemental funds for tuition costs that are not covered under the Tuition Assistance program.
- The VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program offers benefits to veterans with service-connected disabilities.
- The Dependents Educational Assistance Program (DEA) offers benefits to dependents of service members who are permanently disabled due to a service related condition or who died while on active duty.
- The Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) provides benefits to members of the Reserve called to active duty in response to a war or natural disaster.
*Only one tuition-reduction benefit may be applied to tuition at a time. For more detailed information regarding benefit programs please contact the Financial Aid Office or visit www.gibill.va.gov
*Program eligibility is determined by the U.S. military in accordance with program provisions.
NewSchool partners and supporters
United States Military Education Association (USMEA) - partners with schools who provide educational services to our active duty, reserves, guard, veterans, dependents and retirees
National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NAVOBA) - who creates career opportunities for America’s 3 million veteran owned businesses
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).