Campus visits are currently on hold while we monitor the COVID-19 situation in San Diego County. Please check NewSchool’s COVID-19 information page for regularly updated information.
We have created a variety of virtual experiences to give you a glimpse of what life is like as a NewSchool student. Click here to get started.
Click here to download a map of our campus.
NewSchool is located in downtown San Diego, California. Our urban campus, including classrooms, studio space, and administrative and faculty offices, is situated within a one-block radius between 13th St. and Park Blvd, and F and G Streets. The campus is located one block away from public transportation and is a short drive from the San Diego International Airport. Street parking, as well as paid parking lots, are available nearby.
NewSchool of Architecture & Design
1249 F Street | San Diego, CA 92101
From the North via I-5S
- Follow I-5 S to 17th St in San Diego
- Take exit 15C from I-5 S
- Turn left onto 16th St. Take to F St.
- Make a right onto F St.
From the South via I-805N
- Take I-805 N and CA 94 W to F St. in San Diego
- Take the ML King Jr Fwy exit from CA 94 W
- Continue onto F St. NewSchool will be on the left
Visiting from out of town? NewSchool is within walking distance of multiple downtown San Diego hotels. Use the list below to help plan your trip.
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- Online Reservations
- Telephone reservations: Call (877) 846-3446
Courtyard Marriott Downtown
- Online Reservations
- Telephone Reservations: Call (800) 321-2211
NewSchool of Architecture & Design, located in downtown San Diego’s design district, has spaces available for your meeting and event needs. We welcome industry partners and organizations who share in our mission to nurture and inspire design-minded individuals.
- Spaces available for rent include an Auditorium and Gallery Event Room, both with available options for various seating configurations.
- We operate on a secured campus with 24-hour security on the premises.
- With only street parking available, commuters are encouraged to use economic ride-sharing services, such as FRED (Free Ride Everywhere Downtown).
Click the links below to view the options that may best suit your event:
- Amenities by Room
- Seating Arrangements: Auditorium
- Photos: Auditorium Image 1 | Auditorium Image 2
- Seating Arrangements: Gallery Event Room
- Photos: Gallery Event Room Image 1 | Gallery Event Room Image 2
- Preferred Vendors
EVENT SPACE RENTAL FORM*
*To submit a request, click the link above, download the PDF to your computer, and submit electronically when completed.
For additional questions or inquiries regarding space rentals, please contact Kimberly Sievert – firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 684-8781.