The Career Services team organizes different types of events during the year to provide students many opportunities to interact and meet with local employers. The events include the annual GradShow, architecture and design job fairs, professional workshops, studio tours, career services strategy sessions, company information sessions, and social meet and greets.
Spring 2018 Events
San Diego Architecture, Design & Build Career Fair
Friday, April 13, 2018
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Employer Set-Up
12:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Career Fair
Balboa Park Club Ballroom
2150 Pan American Road West | San Diego, CA 92101
A collaborative event hosted by San Diego’s leading post-secondary design-education institutions, and local professional organizations active in key design and development sectors. Job seekers can meet briefly with prospective employers to show portfolios, drop-off resumes and make contacts.
MEET PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYERS WHO ARE HIRING
- Designers with 3D Modeling & Pre-visualization skills
- Architecture, Interior & Landscape Designers
- Traditional and Digital Fabricators
- Graphic Designers and Drafters
- Construction Managers & BIM
Alley Rounds 2018
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
7:00 PM – 9:30 PM
1037 J Street | San Diego, CA 92101
Put on your lei, grab your ukulele and enjoy NewSchool’s highly anticipated Alley Rounds. Join us for a spirited discussion from some of San Diego’s top design professionals featuring Hawaiian food, beverages and island music of Ohana Plus with their dancers.
Featuring Debates with:
- Ben Arcia, McCullough Landscape Architecture & Somos Boards
- Jules Arthur, Logan Capital Advisors
- Howard Blackson, AVRP Skyport Studio
- Vicki Estrada, Estrada Land Planning
- Beryl Forman, El Cajon Boulevard Business Improvement Association
- RT Lonsdale, Miller Hull
>>RSVP is required due to limited capacity
MacKenzie Portland, Recruiting Event
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
10:00 AM – 1:45 PM: 15 Minute Interval Interviews
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Lunchtime Presentation in the Auditorium
2:00 PM – 5:00 PM: 15 Minute Interval Interviews
JOIN OUR PORTLAND TEAM: ARCHITECTURE | INTERIOR DESIGN | ENGINEERING | PLANNING
Richard Mitchell, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C, Managing Principal and Cyrus Beedles, RA from Mackenzie will be visiting NewSchool to recruit for their Portland location.
>>Email resumes to Lisa Ganem (email@example.com) by Wednesday, April 18, 2018, to be considered.
Dinner with 12 Strangers
Saturday, May 12, 2018
6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Dinner with 12 Strangers brings together members of the NewSchool community for a night of food, conversation, and fun.
>>Register by May 4, 2018 for a chance to be selected for this quarter’s Dinner with 12 Strangers. Click here to register.
AIA New York Conference, Alumni Event
Thursday, June 21, 2018
7:30 PM – 9:00 PM
New York Hilton Midtown, Lincoln Room
1335 6th Avene | New York, NY 10019
Join us for a NewSchool of Architecture & Design Alumni Cocktail Party at the New York Hilton Midtown.
Friday, June 22, 2018
12:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Employer Only Event
- All participants on display at GradShow must be present. Be sure that you are dressed for success, have at least 25 copies of your resume, and be prepared to stand by your work and interface with employers.
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Friends & Family Event
- Complimentary hors-d’oeuvres, wine, and beer will be served — have fun and celebrate your accomplishments.
*GradShow is shared between two distinct times of presentations (both are required by all participants)
NewSchool of Architecture & Design
1249 F Street | San Diego, CA 92101
Some additional items you might like to have with you:
- Giveaways of your portfolio
- Sample sheet of your work, so they remember who you are
- Business cards with a link to your website (most of you should have an online portfolio since it was a requirement to receive a clearance from career services)
For more information, contact Career Services.