NewSchool of Architecture & Design annually awards the Opportunity Award to outstanding students in all our degree programs who are experiencing a temporary financial hardship. All eligible students are encouraged to apply by the deadline. Scholarship awards are made for varying amounts, generally up to $10,000 for continuing students and up to $7,500 for new incoming students. Specific amounts dependent on the number of qualified applicants, amount of student’s financial need and the amount of funds available.
Scholarship funds are disbursed quarterly during the academic year.
Financial need and proof of temporary hardship are the two most important criteria used in determining recipients. Students who choose not to borrow Federal or Private student loans that they are otherwise eligible for are not eligible to apply for the Opportunity Award. Students must provide third party supporting documentation dated within the past 30 days.
Up to $10,000 for Continuing Students
Up to $7,500 for New Students
May re-apply in future years for additional awards
Deadlines for Continuing Students
- Fall 2022: Friday, September 10
- Winter 2023: Friday, December 17
- Spring 2023: Friday, March 25
New students must apply at least one week prior to their start date.
Scholarship applications must be submitted by no later than 4 PM on the deadline date.
- Undergraduate GPA: 2.5
- Graduate GPA: 3.0
- Must complete FAFSA with an expected family contribution number (EFC) below 10,000
- Students selected for verification will need to submit all required verification documents prior to applying for the Opportunity Award
- Must be enrolled full-time
- Must have resent documented hardship within the current academic year
All scholarships and institutional awards are based on availability and subject to change.