The Office of Financial Aid can help you identify which scholarships you’re eligible for, walk you through the application process, and recommend additional financial aid options. You may also want to review our scholarship essay tips. All scholarships and institutional awards are based on availability and subject to change.
Steps to Financial Aid
All domestic students are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to any federal or state financial aid awarding. Steps include:
- Apply for your FSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ using our school code: 030439
- Meet with Financial Aid to discuss your unique situation and all of your options
- Complete any additional paperwork as needed
NewSchool offers a wide range of scholarships for architecture, construction management, and design students. Please review the eligibility criteria for the scholarships below, as well as the specific application requirements.
Please note that for all scholarship funds, your award is contingent upon receipt of your enrollment deposit which is due four weeks prior to your start date. If your start date is within 4 weeks, a deposit is required within 48 hours of accepting your offer of admissions. For more information about application deadlines, contact an Enrollment Specialist.
- Winter Start Scholarship
- NewSchool Fellows Award
- NewSchool Award
- Early Application Scholarship
- Opportunity Award Scholarship
- Early Registration Scholarship
- AIA San Diego Scholarship
- President’s Award
- Community College Transfer Scholarship
- Design Transfer Scholarship
- Military Scholarship
- Alumni Scholarship
- Construction Industry Partnership Scholarship
- ACE Mentor Scholarship
- Pillars Scholarship
We realize the search for outside scholarships can be overwhelming. To aid you in this search, we’ve compiled a list of scholarship search websites as well as a list of specific scholarships related to the degree programs offered at NewSchool. This is not a comprehensive list and we encourage each student to continue the search on their own. Other sources that may be able to help in your search include:
- Employers and professional associations
- Churches/religious groups
- Local foundations
- Civic groups
- Community organizations
- High school guidance counselors
Don’t wait to start your scholarship search − scholarship deadlines for the following school year range from late Fall to early Spring.
*Note: The outside scholarship list and links were compiled by NewSchool as a service to help students locate outside funding. The list should not be construed as any type of endorsement or support of any particular organization, individual, points of view, products, or services offered by these outside sites. NewSchool does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of this outside information. All scholarships and institutional awards are based on availability and subject to change.