• Provides part-time employment while you are enrolled in school
  • Available to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with financial need
  • Available to both graduate and undergraduate students enrolled at least half-time 6 units

What kinds of jobs are there?
The Federal Work-Study Program emphasizes employment in civic education and work related to your course of study, whenever possible.

Are jobs on campus or off campus?
Both. If you work on campus, you’ll usually work in an eligible department. If you work off campus, your employer will usually be a private nonprofit organization or a public agency, and the work performed must be in the public interest.

If you’re interested in getting a Federal Work-Study job while you’re enrolled at NewSchool or career school, make sure you apply for aid early. NewSchool participates in the Federal Work-Study Program and award funds on a first-come-first-served basis.

How much can I earn?
You’ll earn at least the current federal minimum wage. However, you may earn more depending on the type of work you do and the skills required for the position.

Your total work-study award depends on:

  • When you apply
  • Your level of financial need
  • Your school’s funding level

How will I be paid?
You will be paid bi-monthly 15th and end of the month.

Can I work as many hours as I want?
No. The amount you earn can’t exceed your total Federal Work-Study award and not to exceed 20 hours per week. When assigning work hours, your employer will consider your class schedule and your academic progress.

Find your place at NewSchool in 2021.APPLY NOW