On 4/24/20 NewSchool signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
The total amount of funds that NewSchool will receive from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Student is $276,545.
The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of 5/24/20 is $0. Disbursements are scheduled to begin shortly.
The estimated total number of students at NewSchool eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is currently 273.
The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of 5/24/20 is 0.
The method(s) used by NewSchool to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act:
- Submit a signed form confirming they have expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19
- Have filed a 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form prior to Spring 2020 term
- Be initially enrolled prior to Spring 2020 and matriculated (degree-seeking) undergraduate and graduate students
- Be enrolled in a primarily on-campus degree program
- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and Eligible for Title IV Aid
All eligible students who have confirmed they’ve incurred additional expenses will receive $900. Students with expenses greater than $900 may receive up to $1,400 if supporting documentation is provided.
Instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants:
- Grants will be sent to your bank via direct deposit if you have enrolled or a check will be mailed to your local address. Verify your banking information and local address is correct in your Student Portal
- Disbursements from this fund will not be applied to an outstanding balance on your student account
- Questions about additional financial aid options and grant eligibility should be directed to email@example.com
- Awarding of grants is contingent upon confirmation of eligibility, and availability of funds