We are commited to helping make college more affordable for our students
NewSchool of Architecture & Design is committed to making college and graduate school affordable. We offer a robust financial aid program for our domestic undergraduate and graduate students, consisting of our institutional scholarships and grants, state and federal financial aid, federal work study opportunities, loans as well as military benefits. For international students, we offer multiple scholarship opportunities, including NewSchool Scholarships and International Scholarships.
Steps to Financial Aid: All domestic students are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to any federal or state financial aid awarding. Steps include:
- Apply for your FSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ using our school code: 030439
- Meet with Financial Aid to discuss your unique situation and all of your options
- Complete any additional paperwork as needed
NewSchool offers a wide range of scholarships. Please review the eligibility criteria for the scholarships below, as well as the specific application requirements.
Please note, that for all scholarships, your award is contingent upon receipt of your enrollment deposit which is due four weeks prior to your start date. If your start date is within 4 weeks then deposit is required within 48 hours of accepting your offer of admissions. The enrollment deposit signifies your intent to start. For more information, please contact our enrollment team.
- NewSchool Scholarship
- Early Application Scholarship
- Opportunity Award Scholarship
- Early Registration Scholarship
- AIA San Diego Scholarship
- International Scholarship
- President’s Award
- Community College Transfer Scholarship
- Military Scholarship
- Alumni Scholarship
- Construction Industry Partnership Scholarship
- ACE Mentor Scholarship
- Laureate Network School Scholarship
We also offer an outside scholarship resource page with helpful information about finding scholarship opportunities from sources outside of NewSchool.
Our Financial Aid Office can help you identify which NewSchool scholarships you are eligible for, walk you through the application process and recommend additional financial aid options. You may also want to review our scholarship essay tips. All scholarships and institutional awards are based on availability and subject to change.