Academic Advisors collaborate with students, faculty, and staff to create an optimal student experience. Our academic advising team is available for individual meetings to help navigate course requirements, develop realistic academic plans, and refer students to resources on campus. Academic Advisors create a supportive learning environment and help students stay on track to meet their educational goals.
Academic Advisor Services
- Understand and effectively communicate program requirements and campus policies and procedures.
- Listen to and respect student academic concerns.
- Provide direction and guidance in developing realistic academic goals.
- Make recommendations for class registration and student academic plans.
- Work with students to assess academic performance.
- Provide students with information about educational opportunities.
- Refer students to appropriate campus resources.
- Motivate students to take responsibility for their own academic, personal, and career goals.
- Actively monitor and track student academic progress.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to FERPA regulations.
Contact the Academic Advising Office
Old Main Building, Second Floor
Monday - Friday | 9 AM - 5 PM
Prisca Bermúdez, Manager, Academic Advising
Advises Students: M – Z
Rose Cook, M.A., Academic Advisor
Advises Students: A – L