- Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology
- Masters, The University of Georgia
- B.S., The University of Georgia
Dr. Debbie Phillips is an internationally recognized real estate professional with over 32 years of experience with diverse property types. As an entrepreneur, Debbie has a multi-faceted career including serving as advisor to global real estate companies, developing world-class leadership development programs and talent management strategies. She was recognized in 2018 and 2019 as a Woman of Influence in Real Estate by Globe Street and was awarded the first Real Estate Award of Excellence as a Certified Property Manager (CPM) in 2015 by the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM). In addition to her private consulting, Debbie serves as President of the Real Estate Career Academy, a non-profit that focuses on career awareness for those exploring careers in real estate and construction management. Debbie completed her Ph.D. from Georgia Tech, where she developed an Employee Engagement Model for the Multi-Housing Industry. Her areas of research include affordable housing, workforce development, sustainability and talent management. In addition to teaching and consulting, Debbie is an author, career coach and nationally acclaimed speaker.
2019 Woman of Influence in Real Estate – Globe Street; 2018 Woman of Influence in Real Estate – Globe Street 2016 Excellence in Education Georgia Institute of Technology 2015 CPM of the Year – Institute of Real Estate Management 2015 REME Award for CPM of the Year, Institute of Real Estate Management 2014 ACE Educator of the Year – National Apartment Association 2012 Certified Property Manager of the Year, Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), Georgia 2012 Excellence in Teaching Recognition, Georgia Tech 2011 Excellence in Teaching Recognition, University of Georgia
- Board Member, Shelters to Shutters (current)
- Member, Georgia Real Estate Commission Education and Advisory Committee (current)
- Board Member, Georgia College and Career Academy Network (GaCAN) (current)
- Director of Industry Outreach, Health Occupations Student Association “HOSA”, (contract assignment January 2019-March 2019)
- Member, Association for Talent Development (current)
- Member, Journal of Delta Sigma Pi, Business Honor Fraternity (current)
- President, Georgia Apartment Industry Education Foundation (2004 – 2017)
- National Apartment Association Education Institute Board of Directors (NAAEI) (2016-2017)
- National Apartment Association Education Institute Careers Committee (2016-Present)
- Education Conference Planning Committee for the National Apartment Association (2017)
- Board of Industry Sponsors, Georgia Piedmont Technical College (2014 – present)
- Board of Directors, National Apartment Association Education Institute (2011-present)
- Co-Chair, Membership Committee, Housing Educators and Research Association (2010-2011)
- Board of Directors, Community Life Concepts (2012-2014)
- Served as Project Director for the development of the Multifamily Housing textbook – the first and only project endorsed by the Institute of Real Estate Management, National Apartment Association, and the National Multifamily Housing Council.
- Served as a co-author for the Lessons in Leadership for Real Estate Professionals.
- As part of a statewide coalition, produced a white paper: “Priced-out, Shut Out and Segregated” that addressed issues of fair housing, physical, mental, and emotional disabilities of underrepresented populations in Georgia.
- IREM White Paper: Leadership Development: Networking * JPM Magazine: VISION 20/20 –Your Leadership Acuity, January 2020