- Ph.D. Engineering, The Catholic University of America
- Master of Science in Engineering, Oklahoma State University
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Oklahoma State University
Dr. Charles O. Heller is president of Annapolis Capital Group, a management consulting and investment firm. Previously, he was director and chair of the investment committee of Athlone Global Security, an international venture capital fund. Prior to that, he was general partner of Gabriel Venture Partners, a bi-coastal VC firm. From 1990 to 1999, Dr. Heller was director of the Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business, where he was named the university’s first‐ever Professor of Practice. Dr. Heller was co‐founder and CEO of Intercad Corporation and CADCOM, Inc., both pioneering enterprise software companies. Earlier in his career, he was an engineer in the space program and at Bell Labs, and became the youngest tenured professor in the history of the US Naval Academy. He sits on several boards, including those of Walden University, the NewSchool of Architecture and Design, and the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library.
- He was the recipient of the Maryland “Entrepreneur of the Year” Award; Oklahoma State University’s Lohmann Medal; Catholic University’s Distinguished Alumni Award; and was inducted into the Oklahoma State University College of Engineering, Architecture & Technology Hall of Fame.
- Authors Guild
- Maryland Writers’ Association
- Annapolis Yacht Club
- Naval Academy Golf Club
He is the author of three memoirs—award-winning “Prague: My Long Journey Home,” “Name-droppings: Close Encounters with the Famous and Near-Famous,” and “Ready, Fire, Aim! An Immigrant’s Tales of Entrepreneurial Terror.” Heller is a dual citizen of the U.S. and the Czech Republic.