Adjunct Faculty, Architecture Programs
- Master of Architecture, Montana State University
- Bachelor of Architecture, Montana State University
Brett Tullis has been practicing architecture in San Diego since 1992 and is currently a Principal at Sillman Wright Architects https://www.sillmanwright.com/. Brett is a Leader who is focused on creating collaborative dynamic architectural solutions that exceeds the Client’s goals of function, sustainability, value, and schedule.
A long-time collaborator & lecturer with NewSchool, Brett and shares their vision of a collaborative design process focused on design excellence and sustainability partnered with professional business practice. Brett believes in an integrated team approach to design and construction that embraces the collaborative LEAN concepts of reducing waste and maximizing productivity. As a member of the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) he was instrumental in establishing a DBIA Student Chapter at NewSchool and is an Advisor to the DBIA Young Professionals Group. Brett received the DBIA Distinguished Leadership Award for his contributions to further the goals of Collaborative Design.
As an Advisor to the Integrated Path to Architecture Licensure (IPAL) Advisory Board, Brett supports the integrated approach to Education and Practice at New School providing professional guidance and insight as well as intern and job shadow opportunities. Brett is a LEED AP BD+C who is committed to designing Healthy Buildings that respect the Environment, Conserve Water and Reduce Energy Use with the goal of Net Zero Energy use. Design Excellence is a critical component of all projects and he has received Multiple Design Awards to recognize this vision.
- Principal Architect at Sillman Wright Architects since 2009
- California Licensed Architect
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) Member
- Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) Member
- DBIA Distinguished Leadership Award
- Juror DBIA WPR Awards Competition Design
- LEED AP BD+C
- US Green Building Council Member
- San Diego Regional Partnership Member
- Lean Construction Institute
- Council of Educational Facility Planners International (CEFPI) Member