Grad Fest will take place in June for students to pick up academic regalia, commencement tickets, and additional important information related to the graduation ceremony.
All students participating in the commencement ceremony must meet the following requirements:
- Students must submit a Petition to Graduate Form to the Registrar’s Office by Friday, April 28, 2018.
- Students must purchase appropriate academic regalia* by Friday, April 28, 2018.
*Regalia must be purchased from NewSchool’s authorized vendor
The entrance to the Symphony Hall will open at 9 AM. The Commencement Ceremony will begin promptly at 9:30 AM and last approximately 90 minutes.
Click here for Copley Symphony Hall parking information.
NO FOOD OR DRINK is allowed inside the Copley Symphony Hall.
Students qualify for graduation once the following requirements are met:
- Achieve a 2.0 cumulative GPA as an undergraduate student.
- Achieve a 3.0 cumulative GPA as a graduate student.
- Meet individual program requirements, including major GPA (if applicable).
- Fulfill residency requirements outlined for their degree.
- Successfully complete the program pertaining to their degree.
- Complete a thesis or graduation project (if applicable).
- Successfully complete the noncredit portfolio course requirement.
- Submit Petition to Graduate to the Registrar’s Office by the applicable deadline.
The degree conferral date will reflect the date all the above degree requirements are met. However, the release of transcripts, diplomas, and verifications for degrees awarded are contingent upon successful completion of the following requirements:
- Meet financial obligations to the school including payment of the graduation fee.
- Receive clearance from the librarian.
- Receive clearance from the Financial Aid Office (if applicable).
- Receive clearance from the Career Services Office.
- “Pass” the Career Development class which assists in developing your finalized resume and portfolio with your career objectives in mind
- Complete the Career Services documents, consisting of the Graduate Exit Package and the Placement Attestation form
- Obtain department signature on Grad Clearance sheet
Friday, June 22, 2018
12:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Employer Only Event
- All participants on display at GradShow must be present. Be sure that you are dressed for success, have at least 25 copies of your resume, and be prepared to stand by your work and interface with employers.
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Friends & Family Event
- Complimentary hors-d’oeuvres, wine, and beer will be served — have fun and celebrate your accomplishments.
*GradShow is shared between two distinct times of presentations (both are required by all participants)
NewSchool of Architecture & Design
1249 F Street | San Diego, CA 92101
Some additional items you might like to have with you:
- Giveaways of your portfolio
- Sample sheet of your work, so they remember who you are
- Business cards with a link to your website (most of you should have an online portfolio since it was a requirement to receive a clearance from career services)
For more information, contact Lisa Ganem, Director of Career & Alumni Services at firstname.lastname@example.org