Each student will be given 6 premiere tickets for family and guests to attend Commencement for seating in the orchestra level of the Copley Symphony Hall. The balcony level is open seating for additional guests to attend (no ticket required).
Academic honors will be awarded to students determined by the cumulative grade point average at the end of the winter 2020 quarter. Spring 2020 quarter grades will not be calculated in time to award honors recognition at the Commencement Ceremony.
Grad Fest will take place on June 3rd for students to pick up academic regalia, commencement tickets, and additional important information related to the graduation ceremony.
All students participating in the commencement ceremony must meet the following requirements:
- Students must submit a Petition to Graduate Form electronically to the Registrar’s Office by Friday, April 24, 2020
- Students must purchase appropriate academic regalia* by Friday, April 24, 2020.
*Regalia must be purchased from NewSchool’s authorized vendor.
The Commencement Ceremony will begin promptly at 9:30 AM. Entrance to the Symphony Hall will open at 9:00 AM. The ceremony will last approximately 90 minutes.
Parking information may be found at http://www.sandiegosymphony.org/plan-your-visit/parking/
NO FOOD OR DRINK is allowed inside the Copley Symphony Hall.
Balloons and large signs are also prohibited.
Students qualify for graduation once the following requirements are met:
- Achieve a 2.0 cumulative GPA as an undergraduate student.
- Achieve a 3.0 cumulative GPA as a graduate student.
- Meet individual program requirements, including major GPA (if applicable).
- Fulfill residency requirements outlined for their degree.
- Successfully complete the program pertaining to their degree.
- Complete a thesis or graduation project (if applicable).
- Successfully complete the noncredit portfolio course requirement.
- Submit Petition to Graduate to the Registrar’s Office by the applicable deadline.
The degree conferral date will reflect the date all the above degree requirements are met. However, the release of transcripts, diplomas, and verifications for degrees awarded are contingent upon successful completion of the following requirements:
- Meet financial obligations to the school including payment of the graduation fee.
- Receive clearance from the librarian.
- Receive clearance from the Financial Aid Office (if applicable).
- Receive clearance from the Career Services Office.
- “Pass” the Career Development class which assists in developing your finalized resume and portfolio with your career objectives in mind
- Complete the Career Services documents, consisting of the Graduate Exit Package and the Placement Attestation form
- Obtain department signature on Grad Clearance sheet