The NewSchool of Architecture & Design Alumni Advisory Board is seeking candidates for the 2018 Alumni of the Year Award. This prestigious honor is awarded annually to an NewSchool graduate who has made significant contributions to the profession, the community and to the school. All entries, both local and nationwide, are encouraged.
To nominate yourself (highly encouraged) or someone you know, please email Lisa Ganem at firstname.lastname@example.org. The nominator or nominee is responsible for preparing the submission items listed below before the applicable deadlines.
This package must accompany the nomination and is therefore due to the NewSchool Office of the President prior to the July 1 submission deadline. The process is to be completed by September 1.
You will be asked to submit:
- A one page nomination statement
- A minimum of a five page cv indicating the activities that are articulated in the nomination statement
- At least one letter of support from a NewSchool alum to NewSchool faculty or staff member, different from the nominated candidate
- The candidate must have successfully graduated from an academic program offered at NewSchool
- A minimum of ten years must have elapsed since graduation
- There must be no record of legal misconduct
- The submission materials will be sent from the Office of the President to members of the Academic Council (deans and chairs) for review
- Following their deliberation the deans and chairs will send forward two candidates for consideration to the Alumni Advisory Board
- Following their deliberation the Alumni Advisory Board will forward the name of one candidate as the suggested nominee and the second as an alternate to the President of NewSchool.
- The President of NewSchool has the final authority to name the distinguished alumni
- The President of NewSchool informs the NewSchool Board of Directors