NewSchool of Architecture & Design annually awards the Opportunity Award to outstanding students in all of our degree programs who are experiencing a temporary financial hardship. All eligible students are encouraged to apply by the deadline. Scholarship awards are made for varying amounts, generally up to $10,000, with specific amounts dependent on the number of qualified applicants, amount of student’s financial need, and the number of funds available. Scholarship funds are disbursed quarterly during the academic year.
Financial need and proof of temporary hardship are the two most important criteria used in determining recipients. In addition, applicants may be reviewed for the significance of their work as recognized by the faculty and/or other professionals, and service that leads to the betterment of NewSchool.
Up to $10,000
Deadline to Apply
- Fall: Friday, August 31, 2018
- Winter: Friday, December 7, 2018
- Spring: Friday, March 1, 2019
Scholarship applications must be submitted by no later than 4 PM on the deadline date.
- Have attended 3 quarters of attendance at NewSchool
- Undergraduate GPA: 2.5; Graduate GPA: 3.0
- Domestic students must complete 2018-2019 FAFSA with an expected family contribution number (EFC) below 10,000
- Students selected for verification will need to submit all required verification documents prior to applying for the Opportunity Award
All scholarships and institutional awards are based on availability and subject to change.