The AIA San Diego Scholarship award will be up to $5,000 (US dollars) per academic year, divided over three quarters. Students must remain in good academic standing, maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0 per quarter, and be continuously enrolled in a NewSchool graduate architecture program. The top AIA San Diego scholarship recipient each year will be considered for a Research Assistant position with the Center for Healthy Environments, which oversees the research activities for the AIA Design and Health Research Consortium.
Graduate Architecture Students
Up to $5,000
Applicants must submit:
- A one-page typed statement describing how, in the applicant’s view, architects can design and build projects that promote healthy environments and communities. Applicant should outline specific examples of this, as it relates to neuroscience in architecture, healthy urbanism and sustainable architecture
- A portfolio demonstrating design ability or potential (maximum 10 pages)
- College transcripts from the undergraduate institution
- Work should be scanned and compiled into a PDF
- Written materials must be submitted in English, as it is the language of instruction at NewSchool
All scholarships and institutional awards are based on availability and subject to change.