AWARD WINNING & ACCREDITED
At NewSchool, our faculty and students have the dedication and drive to achieve great things in their education, local communities and in their careers. Our students have won numerous local, regional and national competitions. Curious and innovative, our students are continuously striving to gain the knowledge and experience that will advance their academic and professional careers. With our industry-leading design and architecture professors, industry connections, and an inspiring campus community, students have multiple opportunities to recognize and channel creative energy into a rewarding, fulfilling career.
NewSchool of Architecture & Design is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Senior College and University Commission. Programmatic accreditation is provided through the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) for its professional architecture programs. Our Master of Architecture program is ranked as one of the Top 30 in the World by Frame magazine.
NewSchool of Architecture and Design is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission.
WASC Senior College and University Commission
985 Atlantic Avenue, #100
Alameda, CA, 94501
In the United States, most registration boards require a degree from an accredited professional degree program as a prerequisite for licensure. The National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB), which is the sole agency authorized to accredit professional degree programs in architecture offered by institutions with U.S. regional accreditation, recognizes three types of degrees: the Bachelor of Architecture, the Master of Architecture, and the Doctor of Architecture. A program may be granted an eight-year, three-year, or two-year term of accreditation, depending on the extent of its conformance with established educational standards.
Doctor of Architecture and Master of Architecture degree programs may require a preprofessional undergraduate degree in architecture for admission. However, the preprofessional degree is not, by itself, recognized as an accredited degree.
NewSchool of Architecture and Design offers the following NAAB-accredited degree programs:
- B. Arch. (225 undergraduate credits)
- M. Arch. (preprofessional degree + 90 graduate credits)
- M. Arch. (non-preprofessional degree + 150 credits)
Next accreditation visit for all programs: 2024
For additional information:
NewSchool is licensed to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE).
BPPE Program Reports
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Arts in Architecture
- Bachelor of Arts in Game Development
- Bachelor of Arts in Product Design
- Bachelor of Interior Architecture and Design
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management
- Bachelor of Science in Media Design
- Executive Master of Architecture
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Construction Management
- Master of Science in Architecture
NewSchool of Architecture and Design is authorized by the Washington Student Achievement Council and meets the requirements and minimum educational standards established for degree-granting institutions under the Degree-Granting Institutions Act. This authorization is subject to periodic review and authorizes NewSchool of Architecture and Design to advertise and recruit for specific degree programs. The council may be contacted for a list of currently authorized programs. Authorization by the Council does not carry with it an endorsement by the Council of the institutions or its programs. Any person desiring information about the requirements of the act or the applicability of those requirements to the institution may contacted the Council at P.O. Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504-3430.
- Approved by the Department of Veteran Affairs to receive all types of aid for veterans and active service members alike, including the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to Grant I-20 certificates for international students.
- Approved by the U.S. Department of Education and California Student Aid Commission to conduct a full financial aid program (USDOE, CSAC).
- An AIA Certified Continuing Education Provider.