Portfolios are an important part of the application process. While not all programs require a portfolio, it is recommended to submit one. Below you’ll find a list of reasons you may be asked to submit a portfolio, as well as portfolio guidelines for each program.
Reasons to submit a portfolio
- To be considered for enrollment into one of four NewSchool programs that require a portfolio. Programs that require a portfolio include Master of Science in Architecture, Master of Architecture 4+2, and Master of Architecture 5+1.
- To be considered for advanced placement. Students seeking to transfer credits for advanced placement are required to submit a portfolio for review.
- To appeal your application. Students not meeting the minimum GPA requirement (Undergraduate: 2.5, Graduate: 2.7) may submit a portfolio as part of the appeal process.
- Undergraduate Architecture
- Graduate Architecture
- Graphic Design & Interactive Media
- Interior Architecture & Design
If you have questions about submitting a portfolio, contact an Enrollment Specialist.