Momo Savovic, PE, CCM, DEE
Contributing Faculty, Undergraduate and Graduate Construction Management
Professional Background: Principal Engineer, West Yost Associates, San Diego; Professional Engineer, Certified Construction Manager, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Education, Administration, Secretary of CMAA San Diego Chapter, CMAA National Board Member, ABET certified Program Evaluator PEV; RAM Certified Risk Assessor, Sandia National Lab, BCEE Board Certified Environmental engineer by American Academy of Environmental Engineers
Research Interests: Construction Management networking – blueprint for regional leadership as it relates to the Construction Management Industry.
Design and Teaching Philosophies: Teaching the next generation of leaders in the Construction Management field is our mission. My simple approach is in combining teaching Construction Management strategies with over 30 years of experience as a West Yost Associates Client Manager for the San Diego basin. Besides engineering duties various business development elements were applied and mastered. City’s GIS system maps updates using most recent GIS information and information from O&M field personnel; the information processing using most recent edition of Infrastructure system modeling software. Preparing students with the acquired knowledge, concepts and processes would require work with a tools that have yet to be publicized is a principle mantra of our program. My passion for education and the professional development of young leaders has allowed me to mentor and guide several entrepreneurs and businesses throughout my career through student outreach program of the CMAA San Diego Chapter. This experience allows me to combine academic acumen and vast practical experience to bring a unique perspective to the classroom.
- B.Sc Mechanical Engineering Department, University of Sarajevo
- M.Eng Civil and Environmental Engineering, Master of Engineering University of Alberta
- Momo also completed course work and research at Graduate program in Mechanical engineering at University of Sarajevo
- PE - Professional Mechanical Engineer registered in California, Washington and Alberta, Canada
- CCM - Certified Construction Manager by Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
- BCEE - Board Certified Environmental Engineer by American Academy of Environmental Engineers (AAEE)
- Current Vice President, President Elect, CMAA San Diego Chapter
- National CMAA Board Member
- ABET PEV