If you already have health insurance you can waive enrollment in the Kaiser Student Health insurance policy if your current policy has comparable coverage as indicated below.
1. My plan is proved by a company licensed to do business in the United States, with a U.S. claims payment office and a U.S. phone number.
2. My plan covers inpatient and outpatient medical care within San Diego County. (Emergency only coverage does not satisfy this requirement.)
3. My plan covers inpatient and outpatient mental health care within San Diego County. (Emergency only coverage does not satisfy this requirement.)
4. My plan is currently active and I agree to maintain health insurance coverage throughout the entire academic year.
5. My plan offers a lifetime maximum of at least $50,000 in coverage per accident or illness.
If your current policy does not meet the above criteria or if you are not currently enrolled in a health insurance policy, you are obligated to enroll in the Kaiser student health insurance policy. Policy charges are established each academic year by Kaiser. Please see the Student Life Manager for additional information at email@example.com.