The English Language Program (ELP) provides support for international and domestic students whose first language is not English in order to help them succeed at the NewSchool of Architecture & Design. Support takes many forms such as tutoring, workshops, classes and orientations. The English Language Program can help students with a number of items, including:
- Understanding and working on specific class assignments, instructors’ requirements and feedback
- Identifying and working on problems with English language skills including reading, writing, listening, speaking, and pronunciation
- Developing skills and strategies for use in the classroom and with coursework
- Understanding cultural differences and expectations
- Adapting to life in the United States and at the school
- Providing moral support
- Finding helpful resources at the school and beyond
The ELP office also offers a Summer ESL program for international students.
Contact the ELP office for more information or to make an appointment.
ELP Instructor and Coordinator
Office Location: HangTen Building #103