NewSchool’s Academic Advising office is a resource for students that helps them reach their educational goals. Our Academic Advisers are available for individual meetings to help student’s navigate course requirements, develop realistic academic plans and refer students to resources on campus. Academic Advisers create a supportive learning environment and help students stay on track for graduation.
Old Main Building, Second Floor
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Academic Advisers Services:
- Understand and effectively communicate program requirements and campus policies and procedures.
- Listen to and respect student academic concerns.
- Provide direction and guidance in developing realistic academic goals.
- Make recommendations for class registration and student academic plans.
- Work with students to assess academic performance.
- Provide students with information about educational opportunities.
- Refer students to appropriate campus resources.
- Motivate students to take responsibility for their own academic, personal, and career goals.
- Actively monitor and track student academic progress.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to FERPA regulations.Office Location: Old Main Building, Second Floor
The Academic Advising Team:
Manager, Academic Advising
Advises Students: M - Z
Prisca has more than 10 years of higher education experience, where she spent time in the roles of professor, counselor, and administrator.
Rose Cook, M.A.
Advises Students: A – L
Rose brings to NewSchool years of experience and knowledge in the field of advising and counseling.