NewSchool of Architecture and Design provides this consumer information about diversity, graduation rates, student financial aid, job placement, articulation agreements and plans for academic program improvement to prospective and current students.
Student Body Diversity
Student body diversity for fall 2016 as reported in IPEDS. Fall 2016 enrollment was 522 students.
|American Indian or Alaskan Native||0%|
|Black or African American||3%|
|Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander||0%|
|Two or more races||3%|
|Race and ethnicity unknown||3%|
|Student Financial Aid|
|Undergraduate Pell Grant Recipients||54%|
|Full-time, First-time Students Receiving any Financial Aid||73%|
Undergraduate Retention Rate Information
The retention rate of first-time, full-time bachelor’s degree-seeking students entering the institution during the fall 2015 term as reported to IPEDS is 71%.
|Initial Fall 2015 Cohort||55|
|Cohort students still enrolled in Fall 2016||39|
|Fall 2015 Cohort Retention Rate||71%|
Undergraduate Graduation Information
These tables report the graduation rate within 6 year for first-time, full-time, degree-seeking, undergraduate students who began their Bachelor’s degree programs in Fall 2011. The Bachelor of Architecture is a 5 year program.
|Graduation Rate for Fall 2011 Cohort|
|American Indian or Alaskan Native||n/a|
|Black or African American||n/a|
|Two or More Races||n/a|
Type of Employment by Graduates by Subject:
|Subject||Type of Employment|
Architectural and Engineering Managers
Architects, Except Landscape and Naval
Architecture Teachers, Postsecondary
|Construction Management|| |
Construction and Related Workers
Multimedia Artists and Animators
Artists and Related Workers, All Other
Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary
Film and Video Editors
|Interior Architecture|| |
Architecture Teachers, Postsecondary
Job Placement by Academic Program: July 2015 to June 2016 Cohort
|Number of Graduates (1)||Graduates Available for Employment (2)||In-field or Related Field Placement Rate (3)|
|Bachelor or Arts in Animation*||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Bachelor of Arts in Architecture||5||4||25%|
|Bachelor of Arts in Game Art*||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Bachelor of Arts in Product Design||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Bachelor of Architecture||56||49||94%|
|BA of Interior Architecture & Design *||3||3||100%|
|Bachelor of Science in Construction Management||7||7||100%|
|Bachelor of Science in Media Design||1||1||100%|
|Master of Science in Architecture||2||2||0%|
|Master of Architecture (range from 1 to 3 years)||39||28||82%|
|Executive Masters of Architecture||4||4||100%|
|Master in Construction Management||12||12||100%|
* This program is new. Therefore, the number of students who graduated and the number of students who are placed are unknown at this time.
(1) “Number of Graduates” is the number of students who have completed the program within 100% of the published program length.
(2) “Graduates available for employment” means the number of graduates minus the number of graduates unavailable for employment. “Graduates unavailable for employment” means graduates who, after graduation, die, become incarcerated, are called to active military duty, are international students that leave the United Sates or do not have a visa allowing employment in the United States, or are continuing their education in an accredited or bureau-approved postsecondary institution.
(3) Graduates who report that they are gainfully employed within six months of graduation in a position of which the skills obtained through the education and training provided by the institution are required or provided a significant advantage to the graduate in obtaining the position. Placement Rate is calculated by dividing the number of graduates gainfully employed in the field by the number of graduates available for employment.
Current Articulation Agreements
NewSchool of Architecture and Design has articulation agreements with:
- College of the Canyons
- Fresno City College
- College of the Sequoias
- West Valley College
- Saddleback Community College
- Mira Costa College
- East Los Angeles Community College
- Cuesta College
Plans for Academic Program Improvement:
NewSchool of Architecture and Design’s program improvement plans are linked to assessment of student learning outcomes. The campus has developed an annual assessment cycle and a Five Year program review model for campus-wide and program-specific that focused on student learning outcomes.
Last updated: June 2017