Applying to NewSchool as a transfer student is as easy as five steps!
- Online Application: Your first step is to click here to complete the online application form. Once complete you will be assigned an Enrollment Specialist to personally guide you through the rest of the application process.
- Application Fee: At the end of the online application you will be given the option to pay the $75 application fee. If you attend one of our Open Houses your application fee will be waived. RSVP for our next Open House here.
- Transcripts: Applicants must have completed at least one semester of full-time, post-secondary level education to be considered a transfer student. Applicants must submit transcripts from all the institutions previously attended and transcripts should also indicate any course work currently in progress. Official transcripts will be required prior to enrollment. Note: A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required in all prior college work. If your GPA is under 2.5, please contact your Enrollment Specialist.
- Portfolio: A portfolio review is required for all students seeking advanced placement. Portfolios are a compilation of the student’s art and design work. Click here to learn about portfolio requirements and please contact your Enrollment Specialist to discuss deadlines. The portfolio will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee, whose decision is final. (Note: The portfolio requirement does not apply to students in Construction Management programs.)
- Statement of Purpose: Using essay format, please email a 1-2 page personal statement to your Enrollment Specialist addressing:
- What are your career goals and how can NewSchool help you achieve them?
- Why do you feel you would be a good candidate for the program?
- How have your experiences shaped you academically, professionally, and personally?
- Give an example of how your experiences have prepared you for the core institutional values of NewSchool.
Have Questions? Contact an Enrollment Specialist here.