We encourage all our students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
This application is required in order to receive any federal or state aid, as well as some institutional aid. When filing your FAFSA, there are a few key points to remember:
- Before you can file the FAFSA, you must have a FSA ID. For dependent students, both a parent and the student need a FSA ID.
- You may complete the FAFSA online at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Be sure to specify that you want your FAFSA sent to NewSchool by including our school code: 030439
- To ensure that your tax return information is entered correctly we recommend that you use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool available in the Financial Information section. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool can only be used for tax filers whose tax returns have been processed by the IRS.
- Remember to allow 3 business days for your FAFSA to be processed by both the Department of Education and NewSchool
- File your FAFSA as soon as possible as some aid is first come first served. The FAFSA for the 2017-2018 school year is available as of October 1, 2016 and will use your 2015 tax information.
FAFSA Deadline for Cal Grant – Undergraduate students who wish to apply for the Cal Grant must have their FAFSA completed by March 2nd.
Dream Act Students – If you are not a US Citizen or eligible Non-Citizen and meet AB540 criteria you may apply for the California Dream Act here: https://dream.csac.ca.gov/. Dream Act Applications must be submitted by March 2nd.
If you have any further questions or need any assistance, please feel free to contact our office.