There is no better place to pursue a truly superb design education than Milan, the world’s capital of fashion and design. In Milan, you will be immersed in a stimulating artistic culture and a thriving commercial design industry. It’s a creative environment like no other.
Milan: the International Capital of Fashion and Design
Milan is a magnet for innovative and forward-thinking people who share your passion for design. As a student, you’ll have a chance to meet some of Italy’s finest artisans and designers on visits to emerging-label boutiques, prominent fashion ateliers, architecture and design studios, and pre-eminent communication agencies. You’ll also visit some of the production and fabrication facilities responsible for renowned Made in Italy craftsmanship. And of course, you’ll explore streets lined with the most important flagship stores of fashion and design—Cappellini, Driade, Kartell, Versace, Armani, Valentino.
Fashion Week and Design Week
Every year, during our famous Fashion Weeks and the Salone del Mobile furniture fair, Milan becomes one giant showroom where exhibitions, conferences, performances, and parties take place all day long. You can participate in these events and related contests. Some highlights of the city:
• Host of the world’s fair, Expo Milano 2015
• Four Fashion Weeks per year, two for women and two for men
• Salone del Mobile, the world’s most important furniture fair
• Many galleries and museums, including the new private museums Fondazione Prada and Armani Silos
• A broad range of theatre and other entertainment options
• Buildings designed by renowned architects like César Pelli, Zaha Hadid, and Daniel Libeskind (as well as the Bosco Verticale, designed by Boeri Studio with Domus Academy Metaphysical Club Member Gianandrea Barreca)
And when you need a break from thinking and creating, you will have the rest of Europe within easy reach. Thanks to excellent air and railway connections, you can spend a weekend in France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, or the UK. And if you love mountain sports, Milan is a stone’s throw from the Alps and the lakes of northern Italy lakes, amazing landscapes that have inspired artists for centuries.