There are no limits to the worlds you can create as a Game Developer. Devise beautiful environments and characters and use these assets to develop immersive experiences to share with people in an industry that is bigger than the music and movie sectors put together. From 2D platformers to 3D brawlers, you’ll be devising and creating your own interactive stories, digital illustrations, concept art and games that will be viewed by an international audience of game enthusiasts.
Bachelor of Arts in Game Development
- 182 credits, 4 years full-time
- Intake dates
If you are serious about fast-tracking your way into this multi-billion dollar global industry, you’ll want to get into this dedicated game development degree program that mirrors the industry environment. You’ll also want to learn alongside faculty with industry experience who can share their knowledge of tools, techniques, and passion for games. Our four-year game design degree program will help you develop your artistic style and technical skills through a combination of traditional and digital art practices and using industry standard software. Students working toward a degree in game development learn to become creative problem-solvers as they study game theory, game design mechanics, and the meaning of play. The focus of the final year of study is designing and completing a major game production.
The skills you learn will help you traverse multiple industries so that you can follow your interests. With this portfolio and experience in your back pocket, you’ll have the necessary skills to enter the industry, either in a game studio or as an indie developer.
- This game development degree responds directly to industry demand for people with creative problem solving skills and passion for playing and making games.
- Strong connections with industry give students access to knowledge on the latest technologies, VIP guest speakers, and professional mentors.
- Faculty members of our game design college are accomplished in the field, ensuring that students receive the technical skill set and production experience demanded by the industry.
- In their final year, the Media Design School at NewSchool’s Game Development program students complete a major game project.
- The studio environment tests individual skills, interpersonal communication, knowledge, and theory while giving students experience working in a team.
Explore program costs, types of occupations, completion rates, and median loan debt of students who have graduated from this program. View program data.
Game Art & Development Career Opportunities:
This program was created to meet the high demand for employees with the skills to create and produce all aspects of game development and design.
Combining your love of creativity and game development could lead to a career as an animator for web, film or television, or as a game developer for an established company or an indie startup. This program will teach you how use text, graphics, video, and animation to visually communicate ideas in print, web, mobile media, and games.
Our game development program can prepare you for a career in the following fields:
- Game Artist
- Game Designer
- Level Designer
- Technical Director
- Art Director