Media Design Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be prepared to:
- Apply foundation knowledge, skills, and behaviors necessary to be successful in digital media arts professions.
- Understand the process and role of design and visual communication in historical and contemporary contexts.
- Develop the ability to communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences, verbally, in writing, and electronically.
- Apply critical thinking and aesthetic judgments in creating computer graphics and digital media.
- Utilize knowledge of text, graphics, video, and animation to communicate ideas and information visually in print, web, mobile media, and games.
- Demonstrate proficient level skills in design software necessary to gain entry-level employment.
- Create a portfolio of material showing proficiency in combining digital media and interactive techniques.