Associate Professor and Director of General Education Studies
Office Location: M-205, 2nd floor Main
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bruce-matthes/10/a84/110
- MA, English: Comparative Literature (California State University, Chico)
- BS, Nutrition and Food Science (California State University, Chico)
Design and Teaching Philosophies: Bruce believes in real world applicable course and curriculum design that creates opportunities for students to form interdisciplinary links between the landscape, built environment, people, and culture. Ultimately, students should be provided with the knowledge and tools necessary to confront 21st century challenges and aspire to become thoughtful global citizens.
Honorary Degrees/Awards/Memberships: Received 2012 NewSchool Faculty Member of the Year Award.
- Co-author of two books, including a recent text, Evidence Based Design: A Process for Research and Writing
- Conference Presenter (Topic: The Evolution of Surfing: An Interdisciplinary Approach to General Education Course Design) at 52nd Annual Conference of the Association for General and Liberal Studies
- Member, High Tech High Graduate School Taskforce