PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Students pursuing a product design degree must complete 182 quarter credits, which typically requires four academic years of full-time study (based on three quarters of attendance annually).Upon completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Product Design, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the technical skills, tools, systems, and processes of design in order to distill one solution from multiple possibilities.
- Apply appropriate research methodologies to frame emerging needs for new product systems, including observational, psychographic, and ethnographic data.
- Strategize design solutions and effectively communicate them both visually and through client-centric presentation.
- Utilize a project-based approach that produces innovative design solutions for both community and industrial needs.
- Synthesize how to implement a design idea through prototyping, manufacturing, and materials selection, taking into account evolutions and revolutions in manufacturing and production ecosystems.
- Demonstrate professionalism, leadership, and responsibility through critical thinking, self-evaluation, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Integrate an interdisciplinary approach to design that incorporates both global and multicultural concepts and perspectives.
- Program Data: Read data about program costs, types of occupations, completion rates, and median loan debt of students who have graduated from this program.