The NewSchool Foundation (NSF) promotes the awareness, appreciation and understanding of architecture, and its crucial role in society, along with art and design disciplines, in creative problem solving and building better communities. NSF focuses on the following areas to achieve this mission to benefit students and the general public:
- Support and enhance the Richard Welsh Memorial Library at the NewSchool of Architecture & Design through acquisition, expansion, preservation and special programs.
- Provide funding and organization for continuing and expanding the NewSchool Lecture Series of architects, designers and artists.
- Work with local architecture firms and others to create events that promote and enhance architecture and design awareness.
- Provide scholarship and grant opportunities to architecture & design students.
- Initiate and cooperate with experimental architectural design projects and concepts in urban design.
- Sponsor architecture and design competitions.
- Publish Cartouche to acknowledge excellence in architecture and design disciplines and provide a forum on related topics.
- Sponsor fundraising events and other activities to support the mission.
Our vision is to enhance the educational experience of students at the NewSchool of Architecture and Design and to provide research opportunities for faculty.
For more information please visit http://newschool-foundation.org/